We love vertical blinds because they make rooms seem taller and more elegant. Their versatility is incredible, and they’re quite durable. Now, if you’ve invested in fabric vertical blinds, you paid more than most people do when buying vertical blinds. Fabric blinds are expensive because they provide an utterly unique aesthetic. Their colors, weaves, and shapes are coveted for what they can bring to a room. It is absolutely worth your time and energy to keep them looking good. But how? The last thing you want to do is damage them while trying to maintain them!
We have good news for you: cleaning fabric blinds is easy. Read on to learn more!
My Blinds Aren’t Washable – What Do I Do?
- Are they dusty? Gently vacuum them using a wand tool, which will prevent them from getting damaged. Don’t do it more than once a month.
- Are they spotty? Invest in some dry cleaner’s spot remover, dampen a cloth, and test the spot remover on part of the blind no one will see. If everything is good, gently clean the spots away.
- Are they dirty? A small bristle brush will get the dirt off without causing damage.
I Can Wash My Blinds – How Do I Do it Right?
- You’re going to go to the bathtub for this one – no washers allowed! Simply fill your bathtub with about six inches of water and a little detergent.
- Close the blinds so they will lay flat. Lay them on the water and leave them to soak for around 45 minutes. During this process, feel free to gently rub dirt off with your hand.
- Drain the water and rinse the blinds off with cool water no fewer than two times. You want to ensure all detergent gets out of them.
- Let the blinds lay and drain for a while before hanging them up and letting them air dry. If you have wood floors, be careful to protect them from any draining water.
How Do I Keep My Blinds Looking Good Now?
You can ensure your fabric blinds look like new for years to come by staying on top of cleaning them. Additionally, avoid bending them and be careful to hang them correctly. By doing so, you will protect your investment and ensure it pays off in the end.
Aray’s Window Fashions features a team of expert designers who not only know how to match window coverings; they know how to keep them looking great. Turn to us in Southern California for the best custom blinds available!