When someone enters a room their eyes often head straight for the windows, so when you’re buying a home it’s important that the windows are a true reflection of who you are. There are more than one type of blinds in Simi Valley, and whatever window coverings you chose can affect how you feel about your home and influence how your neighbors see you. That’s why after buying that new home; you have a few decisions to make.
What Purpose Should Your Window Covering Serve?
Window treatments do more than keep out peeping toms and let in the daylight. They can
- Improve the Security of your home.
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Automated shades can be a part of your security system, and you can set them to go up and down during certain times of the day, or whenever you want to change your look.[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Tinted window films make it harder for others to look inside your home, while still allowing you to look out.[/item][/list]
- Give you control over your view.
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Different window tints can either allow you to bask in a beautiful view or hide something unsightly in the neighborhood, such as construction.[/item][/list]
- Display your personality with various colors and materials. Those buying blinds in Simi Valley have many colors and materials to choose from including
[list][item icon=”tick” ]vinyl,[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]natural fabrics,[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]wood blinds[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]mirrored blinds that reflect the room around you.[/item][/list]
- Contribute to the environment.
[list][item icon=”tick” ]There are also various shades and draperies that can show off your environmental side with various energy efficient options including outdoor shades.[/item][/list]
Lighting, Privacy, and Window Operation
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Control the lighting in your home. The lighting in your home is directly connected to your windows. No matter how many lamps you position around your home, there’s nothing quite like natural light. Sometimes it is good to let in the light, and at other times you may want a little more seclusion.[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Provide you with more privacy in your home. Motorized shades are an easy way to control both the amount of light and the privacy in your home in a way that lets you change your mind on a whim. through an application on your smartphones.[/item][/list]
[list][item icon=”tick” ]Protect your furniture, save energy, and reduce cooling costs. Decorative window film comes in various colors and shading levels to allow as much or as little light as you want. In addition to limiting light, these also limit harmful UV rays that can fade your furniture and extra heat that can drive up your cooling costs.[/item][/list]
What Type of Style are You Going to Represent?
- Casual Feel
- Contemporary Style
- Trend Setter
Buying a new home is the ultimate invitation to express you. If you want your home to have a casual feel, you may want to choose fabric blinds in a soft color. Mirrored blinds are great for bringing a contemporary look, or removable window film will allow you to follow the latest trend until you’re ready to move on to the next big thing. Whatever you decide, your window covering you offer the right contrast to the decor of the rest of the room.
What Challenges Do Your Windows Pose?
- Small Windows. Your home may have the perfect layout, but lack the type of window you really want. While putting in that big bay window to replace a smaller window might be on the wish list, it may be more practical to order custom blinds in Simi Valley. With the right design smaller windows can feel more open. Take the time to fully discuss your options in order to make the best of what you have.
- Usual Shaped Windows. Some windows may have an unusual shape, and may require assistance from an expert in window design, such as Arjay’s Window Fashions in Ventura, California. Since 1975, they’ve helped people throughout Southern California get what they need out of their windows.
- Excess Sunlight. Maybe the last homeowners loved to bask in the sunlight and placed windows everywhere, but that doesn’t mean that glow is for you. The right combination of window tints, blinds, shades, and curtains will help you find the balance you need.
Giving Your Windows the Focus They Deserve
Whether you have a few small windows, or your home feels almost like a glass house, windows are always a natural focal point in your home. They should always be considered when developing your overall decorating plan.