Does your home or business have big, high windows that don’t work with drapes? Is your furniture and carpeting suffering from the sun exposure? If that’s the case, window film may be the perfect solution for you. Window film is a micro-thin layer of film with performance-level coatings that bond it to the glass.
At Arjay’s, we love window film because it preserves beautiful views while controlling UV exposure and heat gain. It also doesn’t clutter up windows like blinds or drapes do. It comes in all different kinds of tints, so you are guaranteed a perfect solution for your desired ambiance. It’s also extremely cost-effective, which makes it a great advantage to home and business owners. In today’s blog, we’re going to answer some of the most common questions about these amazing coatings.
Will it make my house dark?
- Nope! You’d be surprised at how window film actually ends up brightening a room! When window film is installed, blinds and curtains can leave, which ends up letting more light in. The window film is there to keep the UV rays and heat at bay. You will enjoy the normal colors of your spaces without having to worry about fading!
- A majority of windows can be filmed in about 15 minutes. The process is simple and won’t disrupt the occupants of your home or business. Additionally, the Arjay’s team is always happy to schedule installation to be as non-disruptive for you as possible.
Can I still clean my windows?
- Absolutely! Each film is coated with polyester, which means a soft rag and water will easily clean it off. If you’re after something particularly stubborn, add some vinegar or soap to the water. Do not use abrasive chemicals or sharp tools; these will definitely damage the film.
Will you install the film on the inside or outside of the windows?
- Because the exterior sides of windows take the hardest beating, we install film on the interior sides. This prevents the film from wearing down and getting damaged.
Will window film reduce glare on my computer and television screens?
- Yes! This is one of our favorite things about window film. By toning down the light coming through your windows, it eliminates a lot of glare. You’ll find that you experience a lot less eye fatigue, and that alone can make window film a worthwhile investment.
Windows make life better by letting light, fresh air, and beautiful views into homes and businesses. At Arjay’s, we specialize in window treatments that enhance the beauty and functionality of any and all windows. Our design team has extensive experience with all types of budgets, needs, and venues. Whether you need the control of meeting room windows or it’s time to refresh the window treatments in your living room, we can provide solutions that not only transform the space, but provide practical solar and energy solutions as well. We will always take the time to treat your home like it’s our own, which means going the extra mile. Turn to Arjay’s, the window treatment company who will always put your interests first!